Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Thursday, July 27, 2017

War for the Planet of the Apes (Matt Reeves)


Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After losing his wife and son, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge their deaths.


Starring: Andy Serkis, Woody Harrelson, Steve Zahn, Karin Konoval, Amiah Miller, Terry Notary, Ty Olsson, Michael Adamthwaite, Toby Kebbell, Judy Greer, Sara Canning, Devyn Dalton, Aleks Paunovic


❤️ The CGI is amazing and this is truly a technological marvel. Andy Serkis once again plays the ape ruler Caesar; he has gotten better with every film and this is definitely his best performance.
The story is great and well acted throughout. There are a lot of teary eyed moments and really good action sequences.
Woody Harrelson totally surprised me, since I am so used to seeing him in comedies, but he did such a great job! Wow!
I loved every part of the film. This is not just about guns and fire, it is also about the war that goes on inside a person, their emotional roller coaster during hard times. We see this concept with Caesar all the way through.
I felt for him, for what he was going through, and that is the point of a movie: to engage the audience, so that they end up feeling what the characters are feeling.
I also wanted to leave a note about Steve Zahn's character, Bad Ape, who was so funny and cute!
There was nothing about this film that I did not love! A must see!

No comments: