Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Monday, June 19, 2017

The Midnight Bell (Jack Higgins)


In Ulster, Northern Ireland, a petty criminal kills a woman in a drunken car crash. Her sons swear revenge.
In London, Sean Dillon and his colleagues in the Prime Minister's private army, fresh from defeating a deadly al-Qaeda operation, receive a warning: 'you may think you have weakened us, but you have only made us stronger.'
Soon, the ripples from these events will meet and overlap, creating havoc in their wake. Desperate men will act, secrets will be revealed - and the midnight bell will toll.


I believe what everyone from Lawrence of Arabia on has said: There is no other desert in the world like the Sahara. So cold, so bitterly cold at night, so incredibly lonely, and yet tribesmen and their families still travel with their camels and donkeys from one place to another in a journey that never seems to end.

😐 This is a fast paced, tension-filled thriller that I thoroughly enjoyed until the end, then it all fell apart for me because I had built up expectations, and suddenly it felt like the author had reached his limit and was told to find an ending fast. All the suspense was gone!

No comments: