Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Monday, June 19, 2017

The Goldbergs (Adam F. Goldberg)


The plot revolves around the life of show creator, Adam Goldberg, who grew up in the 80's.


Starring: Wendi McLendon-Covey, Sean Giambrone, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia, George Segal, Jeff Garlin, Patton Oswalt


❤️ I know this show has arrived way too late in Portugal, but it is my new favourite.
Starting with the Wonder Years connection, where Patton Oswalt takes on the role as narrator, a.k.a. adult version of Adam Goldberg. It just took me back to my childhood days. I used to love that show so much!
Afterwards, there are all the references that I remember as a kid (Family Ties, Alf, He-Man, The Goonies, the clothes, the music, and even the video camera - it was actually my dad's), but not in a nostalgic way; in a 'I had one of those too' or 'I liked that too' kind of way, but then I get to come back to the modern days.
The stories are funny and the actors are brilliant: you could not find a more over-the-top Wendi McLendon-Covey, expressive Sean Giambrone, ridiculous (in a good way) Troy Gentile, musical Hayley Orrantia, or funnier Jeff Garlin. And George Segal is the cherry on top as Pops. What a great combination!
Overall, it is very well-written and worth watching!

No comments: