Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Monday, May 29, 2017

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Directed by: Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg; Written by: Jeff Nathanson, Terry Rossio, Ted Elliott, Stuart Beattie, Jay Wolpert)


Deadly ghost pirates led by the terrifying Captain Salazar escape from the Devil's Triangle determined to kill every pirate at sea... especially Captain Jack Sparrow. Jack's only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon.


Starring: Johnny Depp, Javier Bardem, Geoffrey Rush, Brenton Thwaites, Kaya Scodelario, Golshifteh Farahani, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley


❤️ I am a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean series; therefore, I was looking forward to seeing this one. I must say that I absolutely loved it!
The plot is straightforward but still has a compelling human element, the acting is amazing, particularly Javier Bardem - I was not a big fan until now, he is superb!
The story is very funny, Jack Sparrow is his usual self, and the special effects are even better.
This was probably the only film from the series that made me cry (but only at the end, the rest of the movie is packed with action, I promise).
Although I must say that I missed Mackenzie Crook and his wandering eye.
Overall, the best Pirates of the Caribbean since the first one came out.

No comments: