Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Nice Work - If You Can Get It (Celia Imrie)

Tucked between glitzy Monte Carlo and the red carpets of Cannes, Bellevue-Sur-Mer seems like the perfect place for an enterprising band of inhabitants to open a restaurant. Happily exiled from demanding families, they have found peace and Provençal cooking in the cobbled streets and azure vistas of their new home. But all is not as rosy as it seems, for it soon becomes clear that someone is trying to sabotage their project.
Meanwhile, the Cannes Film Festival is in full swing. Celebrities are flying in and luxury yachts are arriving. As the excitement spills over into Bellevue-Sur-Mer, the residents realise that they are embroiled in something much murkier than they could have imagined - and the race is on to get the restaurant open in time.

Quote: "I must admit I've started looking at things in a slightly different way. I mean, really, Mummy, you either have to laugh or cry. And I don't like crying, it plays havoc with my mascara."

😐 Maybe I did not enjoy this as much because I had not read Celia Imrie's previous book.
My favourite character was Jackie, since she was so funny, but to tell you the truth, she was the only one who made me laugh.
The French setting was nice and the plot had everything to be fun and entertaining but I did not care for any of the other characters, they were too annoying.
In terms of story, it only became interesting as I reached the last chapter.
Overall, I was a bit disappointed.

No comments: