Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Saturday, March 18, 2017

A United Kingdom (Directed by: Amma Asante; Written by: Guy Hibbert and Susan Williams)

Prince Seretse Khama of Botswana causes an international stir when he marries a white woman from London in the late 1940s.

Starring: David Oyelowo, Rosamund Pike, Tom Felton, Jack Davenport, Nicholas Lyndhurst

My thoughts on this film: I went to see 'A United Kingdom' having only known of the movie and of the true story behind it from newspaper articles. It portrayed a true story, which to me raises its value. The lead actors were superb. They unfolded the story with emotional restraint.
You could see that this film was produced and directed with respect for the story, for the real people behind the story, and for us, the viewers.
Totally worth watching!

No comments: