Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Murder House (James Patterson & David Ellis)

No. 7 Ocean Drive is a house with a horrific past.
It was the setting for a series of depraved killings in the small seaside town of Bridgehampton that have never been solved. Neglected, empty, and rumoured to be cursed, it is known as the Murder House, and locals keep their distance.
Detective Jenna Murphy is hoping to escape her troubled past and rehabilitate a career on the rocks. But when a Hollywood power broker and his mistress are found dead in the abandoned Murder House, Jenna becomes involved in a case that at first seems open and shut, but soon reveals more secrets than she could possibly imagine.

Quote: "I turned down several offers to get together, for dinner or drinks or an afternoon at the beach. I was resentful. I wanted to punish him. And now he's gone, and I'd do anything to have those weeks back. I'd tell him how much I love him, how he saved my life so many times, in so many different ways."

Why this book speaks to me: Right from the start, everything about this thriller intrigued me. The title, the cover, the summary... Every single thing. I was stumped until the very end. I thought for a tiny second I had it figured out but then double guessed myself and blew it off. It turns out that my prediction was right.
This book is definitely a page turner. I could not put it down. Every chapter had something new that added to the mystery.
Twists and turns and all types of exciting things make it that much enjoyable!

No comments: