Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Santangelos (Jackie Collins)

A vicious hit. A vengeful enemy. A drug-addled Colombian club owner. A coke-addicted young actress. And the ever powerful Lucky has to handle them all. Then there is Max, her teenage daughter, the new 'It' girl in Europe's modelling world, and her son, Bobby, who is being set up for a murder that he did not commit. But Lucky can deal with all of it. Always strong and unpredictable, with her husband Lennie by her side, she lives up to the family motto: NEVER CROSS A SANTANGELO. But when Lucky opens an expensive note card edged in gold, printed with the single word 'Vengeance', she knows that she is in for the fight of her life...

Quote: "Plans were made to be broken. Things happened in mysterious ways. Always expect the unexpected."

Why this book speaks to me: A bitter-sweet read. Jackie Collins has always been one of my favourite authors, as she managed to mix everything I love: crime, thriller, and Hollywood glamour. So, it is sad to be doing my very last review of her very last book. But what a legacy to leave behind! And this is no exception!
She truly was the best in her genre. Thank you for all the joy you have given me, Jackie. I will miss your stories!

No comments: