Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Our Kind of Traitor (Directed by: Susanna White; Based on the novel by John le Carré)

When Peter and his girlfriend, Gail, cross paths with the charismatic Dima on their Moroccan holiday, the forceful Russian is quick to challenge Peter to a friendly game of tennis. But this innocuous contest is not all it seems - Dima is a long-time servant of the Russian mafia, whose new boss, 'The Prince', wants him and his family dead. His only hope is to ask the unsuspecting Peter to broker him sanctuary with the British intelligence services in return for exposing a vein of corruption that runs right to the heart of the City of London. Soon they find themselves on a tortuous journey through Paris to a safe house in the Swiss Alps and - with the might of the Russian mafia closing in - they begin to realise this particular match has the highest stakes of all.

Starring: Stellan Skarsgård, Mariya Fomina, Dolya Gavanski, Grigoriy Dobrygin, Ewan McGregor, Naomie Harris, Alec Utgoff, Marek Oravec

My thoughts on this film: I came into this movie without many expectations, as I had not read the book.
Ewan McGregor and Stellan Skarsgård star as a British professor and a Russian mobster respectively, and both give great performances, especially Skarsgård, who plays a bad guy who you cannot help but like.
I really enjoyed the cinematography, and the story is nothing you have not seen before, but I found myself really captured by the great acting and interesting dialogue.
The only disappointment for me was the ending, but I will not spoil it for you. Go and see it!

No comments: