Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Now you see me 2 (Directed by: Jon M. Chu; Written by: Ed Solomon, Peter Chiarelli, Boaz Yakin, and Edward Ricourt)


One year after outwitting the FBI and winning the public's adulation with their Robin Hood-style magic spectacles, the Four Horsemen resurface for a comeback performance in hopes of exposing the unethical practices of a tech magnate. The man behind their vanishing act is none other than Walter Mabry, a tech prodigy who threatens the Horsemen into pulling off their most impossible heist yet. Their only hope is to perform one last unprecedented stunt to clear their names and reveal the mastermind behind it all.

Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Daniel Radcliffe, Lizzy Caplan, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman

My thoughts on this film: I enjoyed the first 'Now You See Me' because I was wowed by the mystery and suspense of it all. The sequel, however, does not provide me with the same experience.
This time round, the film spends a lot of time introducing the new characters and setting up the picture. Then, there is a constant stream of trickery, which is unrealistic and unlikely. The plot becomes so far fetched and random, events happening so conveniently that it stops being believable, which is the key that made the first film great. There are some good scenes in here, but most of the time I am left wondering when will it end. Unfortunately, I cannot see the wow factor in 'Now You See Me 2'.

No comments: