Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

R.I.P. Doris Roberts

Doris Roberts, better known for being the meddling mother next door on 'Everybody Loves Raymond', has passed away at the age of 90.
Roberts died Sunday night, in her sleep, of natural causes.
It is hard to write about someone who you mostly recognise from one show, but Doris will always be Marie Barone to me, and it feels like Marie has died with her.
As Patricia Heaton wrote, it is 'Truly the end of an era.'
When asked why the audience seemed to identify with her, Roberts once replied: 'I'm not a bull artist. I tell it like it is. I'm not some celebrity thinking that I'm greater than anybody else. I'm one of the people. And they know that. It's wonderful when they say to me, "Thank you for the humour you've brought us all these years". I am a lucky son of a gun. I get paid for it.'
Well, Doris, I also want to thank you for all the laughs. I will never forget you, and, wherever you are, be sure to keep them laughing.
R.I.P.

No comments: