Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Monday, March 07, 2016

Hail, Caesar! (Ethan Coen and Joel Coen)

We follow the life of Eddie Mannix, a Hollywood fixer for Capitol Pictures in the 1950s, who cleans up and solves problems for big names and stars in the industry, until studio star Baird Whitlock disappears...

Starring: Josh Brolin, George Clooney, Alden Ehrenreich, Ralph Fiennes, Scarlett Johansson, Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Alison Pill, Jack Huston, Agyness Deyn

My thoughts on this film: I guess, after all the publicity surrounding this movie, I went in expecting a lot more.
The main story was good, and there was so much they could have done with it, but it felt like they did not care much for the final result. They just wanted to get it over and done with.
The overall result was a strung together series of little set pieces that did not hang together as a whole.
Even the cast - made up of the best actors and actresses in the business - seemed tired and not doing their best.
I have seen worse, but, as I wrote at the beginning, I was expecting a lot more from the Coen brothers!

No comments: