Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Friday, November 20, 2015

She's Funny That Way (Peter Bogdanovich and Louise Stratten)


On the set of a playwright's new project, a love triangle forms between his wife, her ex-lover, and the call girl-turned-actress cast in the production.


Starring: Imogen Poots, Illeana Douglas, Owen Wilson, Rhys Ifans, Richard Lewis, Cybill Shepherd, Debi Mazar, Jennifer Aniston, Will Forte, Ahna O'Reilly, Kathryn Hahn, Jake Lucas, Sydney Lucas, Nora Jobling, Tatum O'Neal, Jennifer Esposito, Joanna Lumley, Quentin Tarantino


My thoughts on this film: "Blows my mind to think that just like Lana, a chance encounter changed my life." Isabella is a call girl who aspires to be an actress. When Arnold, a playwright, hires her for the night he gives her a present that changes her life. As Arnold starts casting his next play, Isabella shows up to read with his wife. This starts a chain reaction of events that ends up affecting the lives of everyone involved.
We have many different characters here with their own story while at the same time being involved with everyone else. This is not a main stream comedy but I thought it was funny. The dialogue is very witty, although the pacing could have been better, the interview makes it a little boring at times, although I love her Audrey Hepburn line, as it is one of my all-time favourites.
Overall, this movie is not for everyone, but it is worth seeing if you are into this type of comedy.

No comments: