Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Monday, September 14, 2015

The Visit (M. Night Shyamalan)



A single mother finds that things in her family's life go very wrong after her two young children visit their grandparents.


Starring: Olivia DeJonge, Ed Oxenbould, Deanna Dunagan, Peter McRobbie, Kathryn Hahn, Celia Keenan-Bolger, Jorge Cordova, Benjamin Kanes


My thoughts on this film: I am one who has grown to hate the found footage filming style. But I must say that M. Night does a fantastic job behind the camera. Although this style of filming has become stale (to me anyways), Shyamalan makes it feel refreshing and new. There are also some truly beautiful and impressive shots throughout the film. The performances were also amazing, particularly those of the two kids. The little boy comes off as annoying at first, but he grows on you. And he ends up being hysterical. Both the grandparents were good as well, but the grandma stole the show between the pair.
In the end, I very much enjoyed The Visit. It was an absolute blast, as well as creepy. It kept me on my toes the whole time.
And yes, there is a twist, but I will not spoil it for you, so go and see it!

No comments: