Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Monogram Murders (Sophie Hannah)

Hercule Poirot's quiet supper in a London coffee house is interrupted when a young woman confides to him that she is about to be murdered. She is terrified, but begs Poirot not to find and punish her killer. Once she is dead, she insists, justice will have been done.
Later that night, Poirot learns that three guests at the fashionable Bloxham Hotel have been murdered, a cufflink placed in each one's mouth. Could there be a connection with the frightened woman?
While Poirot struggles to put together the pieces of the puzzle, the murderer prepares another hotel bedroom for a fourth victim...

Quote: "I did not want to talk about the Bloxham Murders ever again. What I wanted - needed - was to write about them, to set down on paper every detail of what had happened. It mystified me that I was so eager to do the latter and so reluctant to undertake the former. Why should writing about a thing be so different from speaking about it?"

Why this book speaks to me: I was happily surprised. This story captures the spirit and voice of Agatha Christie as I remember with a little touch of the 21st century.
As sceptical as I was at first, I really enjoyed it. However, I am no Hercule Poirot expert.
Overall, a good read!

No comments: