Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Magic Mike XXL (Directed by Gregory Jacobs; Written by Reid Carolin)


Three years after Mike bowed out of the stripper life at the top of his game, he and the remaining Kings of Tampa hit the road to Myrtle Beach to put on one last blow-out performance.


Starring: Channing Tatum, Juan Piedrahita, Joe Manganiello, Kevin Nash, Gabriel Iglesias, Matt Bomer, Adam Rodriguez, Carrie Anne Hunt, Crystal Hunt, Amber Heard, Lindsey Moser, Stephen Boss, Jada Pinkett Smith, Michael Strahan, Donald Glover, Kimberley Drummond, Andie MacDowell, Jane McNeill, Rhoda Griffis, Ann Hamilton, Elizabeth Banks

My thoughts on this film: I am no prude and I really liked the first Magic Mike, so I was hoping to see the same kind of guilty pleasure with some good moves. Forget it. These guys just used their nice bodies in a showy and uninteresting way with very little classy dancing.
I found the storyline to be corny, sleazy, and overall silly (not to say stupid). I almost walked out in the middle.
The first Magic Mike was great. This one... not so much!

No comments: