Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Monday, June 08, 2015

Mistress (James Patterson & David Ellis)

As Ben Casper watches his best friend plummet from her sixth-floor apartment balcony, he realises his life is about to change. Diana had no reason to kill herself, she had to have been pushed.
Diana worked for the CIA, so the investigation into her death is kept tightly under wraps. But Ben is a political journalist and can feel that something is not right.
Casper starts investigating for himself and soon discovers that Diana was leading a double life he knew nothing about. But when more people involved die in questionable circumstances it becomes clear that someone does not want the truth to be uncovered.

Quote: "I mean, in The Firm, one of the henchmen, the one who killed Gary Busey and the lawyers in the Caymans, and who tried to kill Tom Cruise - that guy was an albino. If you were going to pick someone to anonymously carry out your wet work, would you choose an albino? Anybody, but anybody, could identify him: Well, let's see... don't remember much, 'cept, oh, yeah, he had white hair and red eyes and was completely pale."

My thoughts on this book: I normally enjoy James Patterson books. I find them to be easy, quick reads, filled with suspense. But this one was awful. The characters were under developed, silly, and annoying. The constant thoughts running through the main character's mind became distracting and irritating, and the events were so far fetched they bordered on laughable. I could not wait to finish it. Not at all worth reading.
Maybe it is just me, but I find that he has made a turn for the worst in his recent books. Perhaps Mr. Patterson should consider publishing fewer quality books per year rather than a lot of bad ones.

No comments: