Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Un village presque parfait (Directed by Stéphane Meunier; Written by Djamel Bensalah, Josselyn Bossennec, Jérôme L'hotsky, and Ken Scott)

Saint-Loin-la-Mauderne is a small village that no one cares about, with no money or employment. They hope to bring back the factory, but there is a slight problem: insurance companies require a resident doctor. Led by their charismatic mayor, the villagers will do anything to convince a Parisian doctor that Saint-Loin-la-Mauderne is the best place in the world!

Starring: Didier Bourdon, Lorànt Deutsch, Lionnel Astier, Denis Podalydès, Elie Semoun, Carmen Maura, Annie Grégorio, Armelle, Pierre Ménès

Why I loved this film: I think French films are taking over our cinemas and this is yet another example of European movies becoming more enjoyable than the 'seen-it-all-before' Hollywood flicks. I guarantee you will be laughing throughout the entire film, even though there are no computer techniques, stunts or violence. It is only a hilarious movie that is fun to watch, and which revolves around a small village. It actually reminded me of my younger self and the summers I spent in my family's village.
A 'must watch' for the whole family!

No comments: