Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Friday, April 10, 2015

Daddy's gone a-hunting (Mary Higgins Clark)

Hannah Connelly, a young designer and rising star in the fashion world, is plunged into a nightmare beyond imagination when she learns that the family business founded by her grandfather has been levelled by a huge explosion in the middle of the night.
The ashes reveal a startling discovery and provoke a host of suspicions and questions. Could the explosion have been deliberately set? And what was Kate, Hannah's older sister, doing in the building in the middle of the night?
With Kate lying in hospital in a coma, it is down to Hannah to discover what truly happened on that tragic night. But little does she know that someone will do anything they can to prevent Kate from regaining consciousness and revealing the truth.

Quote: "When the tourists saw that crummy old jacket, they felt sorry for him. The dollars they would drop in his cap added up. He had to get rid of the poncho and cut holes in those new warm, heavy pants. He felt like a baby seal in them, a nice, warm, contented baby seal. People liked baby seals but they didn't feel sorry for them."

Why this book speaks to me: I had never read any books by Mary Higgins Clark but this title pulled me and I was not disappointed at all. The story has a tight plot, twists and turns, and it is full of suspense.
The first half of the book is a bit slow and it makes you wonder why you are reading it. However, in the later half Clark put everything together nicely. There was enough suspense to keep me glued to the book for hours. It was hard for me to put it down until I had finished reading the whole thing.

No comments: