Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Directed by John Madden; Written by Ol Parker)

Sonny has his eye on a promising property now that his first venture has only a single remaining vacancy. Evelyn and Douglas have joined the Jaipur workforce, and Norman and Carol are negotiating the tricky waters of an exclusive relationship, as Madge juggles two eligible and very wealthy suitors. Perhaps the only one who may know the answers is Muriel, the keeper of everyone's secrets.

Starring: Dev Patel, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Celia Imrie, Ronald Pickup, Diana Hardcastle, Tina Desai, Shazad Latif, Lillete Dubey, Tamsin Greig, Richard Gere

Why I loved this film: This movie allows you to reunite with an incredible cast and their charming characters, which I am sure are what made the first film such a hit. Sonny and Muriel are the highlight of the story for me, they are hilarious, no matter what. Although you do see a softer side to Muriel, which comes to a particularly emotional point at the end.
But the rest of the cast were as brilliant. When I first realised Richard Gere was going to be in it, I did not really see the point, but he showed that he can be just as funny as the others.
If you loved the first film (who hasn't) then you will enjoy this one.

No comments: