Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Big Eyes (Directed by Tim Burton; Written by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski)

In the 1950s, Margaret is trying to make it on her own with only her daughter and paintings. She meets Walter Keane in a park while struggling to make an impact with her drawings of children with big eyes. The two quickly become a pair with outgoing Walter selling their paintings and quiet Margaret holed up at home painting even more children with big eyes. But Walter's actually selling her paintings as his own. A clash of financial success and critical failure soon sends Margaret reeling in a life of lies. With Walter still living the high life, she must try to make it on her own again and re-claim the ownership of the paintings.

Starring: Amy Adams, Christoph Waltz, Krysten Ritter, Jason Schwartzman, Danny Huston, James Saito, Delaney Raye, Madeleine Arthur

Why I loved this film: I do not know enough about the real story on which this movie was based to tell whether this was a true statement, but I bought it. I really did!
Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz were believable, and I must say that I absolutely love Krysten Ritter, she is one of those actresses that leave you wandering whether she ever stops acting in real life.
I read an interview where the real Margaret Keane claimed that "Walter was a little crazier" in real-life, which would explain the court bit, since I found it hard to believe that anyone would act in such a way. That is the part where I doubted whether this was really based on real-life events as the guy seemed completely out of his mind!
Overall, I loved every minute of this film and it made me curious about the real-life story and those paintings. As soon as I got home I had to look it up on Google.
I highly recommend this movie!

No comments: