Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Sunday, February 08, 2015

Still Alice (Richard Glatzer, Wash Westmoreland, and Lisa Genova)


Alice Howland, happily married with three grown children, is a renowned linguistics professor who starts to forget words. When she receives a devastating diagnosis, Alice and her family find their bonds tested.



Starring: Julianne Moore, Kate Bosworth, Shane McRae, Hunter Parrish, Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart, Stephen Kunken


My thoughts on this film: Still Alice tells the story of a Columbia professor diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease. Just like any disease, your fight is as strong as your support system. Well, Julianne Moore and Alec Baldwin's performances are strong, but unfortunately the same cannot be said about their support system.
However, I loved the storyline and did not get bored for a single minute, but I do wish the ending had been different, it felt like something was missing.
Overall, I give this movie a 50/50 rating.

No comments: