Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, January 24, 2015

American Sniper (Directed by: Clint Eastwood; Written by: Jason Hall, Chris Kyle, Scott McEwen, and James Defelice)


Chris Kyle was nothing more than a Texan man who wanted to become a cowboy, but in his thirties he found out that maybe his life needed something different, something where he could express his real talent, something that could help America in its fight against terrorism. So he joined the SEALs in order to become a sniper. After marrying, Kyle and the other members of the team are called for their first tour of Iraq. Kyle struggles with the reality of the war and, once returned home, tries to adapt to his urban life, wife and kids.


Starring: Bradley Cooper, Keir O'Donnell, Jake McDorman, Cory Hardrict, Sienna Miller, Brando Eaton, Mido Hamada, Sam Jaeger, Ryan Sadaghiani, Ayman Samman, Jonathan Groff

Why I loved this film: This was quite possibly one of the greatest military movies I ever watched. The writing was just brilliant, from the witty remarks to the expressions of pure suspense, Bradley Cooper brought complete life to the role of Chris, a father, a husband, and an American hero. The visual effects were also stunning and believable as well as the sound. At some points, it felt like you were actually on the battlefield. The suspense that they built was captivating and it kept me on the edge of my seat.
In spite of my views on war and arms, I have to say that this man's story was worth knowing about and had me thinking about it long after the ending. I mean, the irony of a man leaving his wife and kids to save a country and his fellow SEALs, almost dying in battle, barely making it out alive, going through hell to adapt to the 'real' life in the States, only to be killed close to home by a crazy war veteran.
By the end, I was left stunned with a mixture of emotions.
This is another Oscar-worthy movie to watch!

No comments: