Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Directed by Peter Jackson; Based on the novel written by J.R.R. Tolkien)

After the Dragon leaves the castle, the people of lake town see a threat coming, the orcs, dwarves, elves and people prepare for war. Bilbo sees Thorin going mad and tries to help everyone.

Starring: Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Dean O'Gorman, Aidan Turner, Orlando Bloom, Evangeline Lilly, Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee, Ian Holm, Ian Holm, Stephen Fry, John Bell

My thoughts on this film: I loved all the 'Lord of the Rings' books and movies, but not so much 'The Hobbit'. It started on a high note, but maybe because I did not pay much attention to the first books/movies, I felt there was a lot of unnecessary fighting, and there were even points where my attention just drifted away.
I loved the scenario and the film was, overall, well done, Peter Jackson-style, but I am just not a big fan of the story.

No comments: