Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Virados do Avesso (Directed by: Edgar Pêra; Written by: Henrique Cardoso Dias, Roberto Pereira, Frederico Pombares)

João is a famous writer going through a crisis regarding his creativity. His affectionate life is also experiencing times of doubt. A very unusual event had João wake up one day without realising that the person lying next to him is the one he intends to spend the rest of his life with. João decides to step away, become a free person, and most of all, an all-time bachelor. The person who will gain from all this is Isabel, João's rival writer. Isabel takes advantage of a single slip-up and steps all over João in order to take first place. Will João be able to get his inspiration back and finish the long-awaited book? What if the only way to finish it is with the help of his family and the love he left behind?

Starring: Diogo Morgado, Jorge Corrula, Marina Albuquerque, Nuno Melo, Rui Unas, José Wallenstein, Nicolau Breyner, Anselmo Ralph, Bárbara Guimarães

My thoughts on this film: In my humble opinion, this is more of a tragedy than a comedy.
The first thing that entered my mind when I began watching this movie was:'Is it a final project for a film course?'
It really felt like something made by amateurs, and I am not including the actors in this. They did the best they could with a bad product. I mean, you have the crème de la crème in acting, and what do you do? Something out of the ordinary in a very bad way, which starts by turning our beloved international Jesus into a 'figurine of a gaylord'. Something that makes you wonder how much of a homophobic could this director be. I am all for making fun of everything but there have to be boundaries, and this was not even funny!
Overall, I am not really sure what to make of it, but definitely not good!

No comments: