Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Monday, November 24, 2014

Trouble has a New Name (Adite Banerjie)

Recently-single model Rayna Dutt does not feel like flying to her friend’s Indian wedding. But she does – and when a mix-up with room allocations forces her to share a luxury villa on Emerald Isle with the gorgeous owner of the hotel – Neel Arora – and best man at the wedding, things begin to look up. Until Rayna’s ex turns up with a new girl on his arm!
Hitting the panic button, Rayna searches for a solution.
A seemingly fake engagement instantly turns into an attraction, but when scandal comes calling, Rayna soon finds herself in more trouble than she can handle...

Quote: "Her hands revelled in the feel of the hard planes of his chest. She liked that his toned body was all lean muscle without the perfection of six-pack abs. She's always found the appearance of steroid-pumped muscles too synthetic - the male equivalent of fake boobs."

My thoughts on this book: This is my first Adite novel, so I did not know what to expect.
The first thing that came to mind was 'well, a lovey-dovey romance is not really my cup of tea'; however, even a romance can have breathtaking moments and Adite surely knows how to use them.
The depiction of the places, particularly Emerald Isle, makes you want to pack your bags and head there. What a magical location for a holiday let alone a wedding!
Storywise, the conflicts between Rayna and Neel are what kept me glued to the pages in a 'will they, won't they' fashion. It is the kind of love that probably has everyone rooting for them, particularly after Rayna's recent break-up and Neel's past, but I must also admit that I wish there were less novels with happy endings, although I do not intend to give away the story.
Last but not least, the author's writing is the best part of the whole book, in my opinion. Having grown up in England, I tend to try to mix between English and American novels, and I am usually pretty fast in differentiating the styles and finding my comfort zone within. Adite's style is among my favourites, since not only does she come close to the usual English style but her depiction of all the surroundings and people is simply amazing! If the story does not go your way, her writing will make sure you find your place among the fascinating and lively guests.
Overall, this is a good read to take when travelling or even to the beach. It will have you fantasising in no time!

2 comments:

Rubina Ramesh said...

A lovely Review Tany. It feels good when I see readers are no more limited to geography. We all are united as book lovers. :D Adite is one of my favourite authors.. In fact my tryst with Indian Mills and Boon started because of her. Glad you enjoyed her book as much as I did. Happy reading for the future.

Tany said...

Thank you so much for your lovely words, Rubina!
More than Geography, it's the thought of the unexpected that makes a book worth reading.
Glad we're on the same page. Happy readings to you too! :)