Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Os gatos não têm vertigens (António-Pedro Vasconcelos)

Rosa, the 73-year-old widow of Joaquim, meets Jó, a poor boy from a dysfunctional family. After Jó's dad kicks him out, the boy finds shelter on Rosa's rooftop. When she finds out, Rosa decides to take him in, and their friendship grows into something strong and real that is misunderstood by everyone around them.

Starring: Maria do Céu Guerra, João Jesus, Fernanda Serrano, Ricardo Carriço, Nicolau Breyner, Tiago Delfino, Joana Barradas, Miguel Santiago, Eva Barros, António-Pedro Vasconcelos

My thoughts on this film: When I saw the trailer, I assumed that something very funny was going to come along. Well, was I wrong!
The story does have a moral duty to it about everyone being equal and deserving a second chance. However, that is all I got from this movie. Everything else was not as funny as I expected and really left me wondering whether I had gotten my money's worth. Maybe I should have lowered my expectations, then I would have left the cinema satisfied.
This is not a bad film; just not as interesting as they are making it out to be!

No comments: