Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Friday, July 18, 2014

Third Person (Paul Haggis)



Three interlocking love stories involving three couples in three cities: Rome, Paris, and New York.


Starring: Liam Neeson, Maria Bello, Mila Kunis, Kim Basinger, Adrien Brody, Olivia Wilde, James Franco, Loan Chabanol, Moran Atias


Why I loved this film: When I went to see this movie I had not heard much about it so I did not know what to expect.
To begin with, the atmospheric feel of the film is top notch. Whether it is the chic, extravagant life-style in Paris, the beautiful and not-so beautiful side of Rome or the busy streets in New York, every city is portrayed in a beautiful way.
The acting is amazing and I could not expect less from this cast! I also got to see a side of Mila Kunis that you do not usually see in her movies and it really surprised me.
Of course, with different intertwining stories, people will argue which one is the best of the bundle. However, I believe each story to be as important with plot twists that I did not see coming. Although, in my opinion, the story starring Adrien Brody was the funniest and it had actually the whole audience laughing out loud, which I did not expect from a drama.
Overall, it had a great cast, good writing and a fine balance between drama, romance and humour.

No comments: