Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Fading Gigolo (John Turturro)


Fioravante decides to become a professional Don Juan as a way to make money and help his cash-strapped friend, Murray, who acts as his 'manager'.

Starring: John Turturro, Woody Allen, Vanessa Paradis, Liev Schreiber, Sharon Stone, Sofía Vergara

My thoughts on this film: I have taken long to write about this movie because, even now, I am not sure how to feel about it.
To begin with, it is a little strange to see Woody Allen in a film that was not written by him, but on the other hand the Turturro/Allen duo works. It is probably the only part of the movie that actually works.
Vanessa Paradis is a good actress and has been proving so throughout her career but the story is just a strange one with an out-dated message: we all need love.
However, I was glad about the not-so-happy ending. I was a little sick and tired of the same old 'happy ever after'...
Overall, it is an entertaining movie, but that is all it is: entertaining.

No comments: