Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Thursday, May 08, 2014

The Other Woman (directed by Nick Cassavetes; written by Melissa Stack)

After discovering her boyfriend is married, Carly Whitten tries to get her ruined life back on track. But when she accidentally meets the wife he's been cheating on, she realises that they have much in common, and her sworn enemy becomes her greatest friend.
When yet another affair is discovered, all three women team up to plot mutual revenge on this cheating, lying, three-timing rat!

Starring: Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Don Johnson, Kate Upton, Taylor Kinney, Nicki Minaj

Why I loved this film: This is a fantastic movie with a hilarious twist on what some might call a 'chick flick'. Although, personally, I would not consider it a chick flick as the plot is far from your typical romantic couple scenario.
Also, as a single girl in this current dating world of sharks, I have been in that situation where a guy is not at all what he seems - I just wish I had had the guts to do what these girls did, but I live in the real world -, so I do sympathise with the storyline.
Overall, I recommend this to anyone up for a good giggle and I can actually say that my money was well spent.

No comments: