Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Private Down Under (James Patterson & Michael White)

P.I. Craig Gisto - head of the latest branch of Private - is enjoying the glamorous launch party with his new team when their celebrations are interrupted by the bloodied arrival of a boy with his eyes gouged out.
The boy is the kidnapped son of one of Australia's richest men - but investigating his death is not their only pressing case. Rock star Micky Stevens is convinced that someone is trying to kill him, and believes that Private are the only ones who can help.
As if that was not enough, someone is murdering the wealthy wives of the Eastern suburbs, in the most brutal way imaginable. And if they do not catch the killer soon, the next victim could be someone close to Private.

Quote: "Then he turned back to the stage, hardly able to believe how the demure shy character he'd met at Private could transform himself into this massive personality, this rock god parading in front of them."

My thoughts on this book: I must confess that I read other reviews before writing my own as to make sure that I was on the right page.
I am not Australian but, as Brits would agree, having grown up in England, I grew up watching Australian soap operas (Neighbours and Home & Away were the two most popular when I was growing up). So, when I picked up this book I was curious about how Australia and Australians would be portrayed and came to the conclusion that they must be very similar to the USA (or not, had Mr. Patterson done his homework). Except for names used, there was no Australia in this book but yet another normal story for the Private series, which I am also beginning to get sick of. How I miss James Patterson's earlier and different work!

No comments: