Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Friday, March 14, 2014

Identity Thief (Directed by Seth Gordon; Written by Jerry Eeten & Craig Mazin)

Unlimited funds have enabled Diana to live the rich life in the suburbs of Orlando. However, there is a little hiccup to this dream life: Diana is using Sandy Patterson's stolen identity, an accountant trying to make it the other side of the United States. With only one week to catch this con artist before his world implodes, the real Sandy Patterson has to take extreme measures in order to clear his name.

Starring: Jason Bateman, Melissa McCarthy, Jon Favreau, Amanda Peet, Morris Chestnut, John Cho, Robert Patrick, Eric Stonestreet

My thoughts on this film: The cast is really talented and I expected more from Melissa McCarthy; I guess I also raised the bar too high after loving 'Horrible Bosses', which also starred Jason Bateman.
This film has good intentions, but it does not seem to have an ultimate goal as its tone shifts quite frequently. There were plot points that could have been exploited, and others that could have been omitted in order to remedy this situation.
There were laughs in there, certainly, but there were also situations that confused me to the point where I did not know whether I was supposed to care about Diana or hate her, as well as other characters. It was just not straight to the point.

No comments: