Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (directed by Ben Stiller)

A day-dreamer escapes his anonymous life by disappearing into a world of fantasies filled with heroism, romance and action. When his job along with that of his co-worker are threatened, he takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could ever have imagined.

Starring: Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig, Kathryn Hahn, Adam Scott, Adrian Martinez, Shirley MacLaine, Marcus Antturi, Amy Stiller, Kai Lennox, Sean Penn

My thoughts on this film: This was one of those movies where I really did not know what to expect, but I ended up enjoying it. There is a nice message to this and it is a feel good movie. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen. I am used to Ben Stiller playing idiotic characters so, although this has comedy elements, it was a breath of fresh air, and in my personal opinion, a lot more enjoyable.
The only part that felt odd and made me go back to other Ben Stiller - not so funny - movies was the Benjamin Button bit. I think the film could have done without those scenes!
Otherwise it was great to watch and I would definitely recommend it!

No comments: