Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Monday, January 27, 2014

American Hustle (Eric Warren Singer & David O. Russell)


American Hustle tells the story of brilliant conman Irving Rosenfeld, who along with his equally cunning and seductive partner Sydney Prosser is forced to work for a wild FBI agent Richie DiMaso. DiMaso pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers that is as dangerous as it is enchanting. Carmine Polito - the passionate, volatile, New Jersey political operator - is caught between the con-artists and Feds. Irving's unpredictable wife Rosalyn could be the one to pull the thread that brings their entire world crashing down.


Starring: Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Jennifer Lawrence, Louis C.K., Jack Huston, Michael Peña, Shea Whigham, Elisabeth Röhm, Robert De Niro


Why I loved this film: I would not call this 'the best movie of all times' but it is a great comedy to watch and great entertainment with a good enough plot and brilliant actors.
I would not compare this to 'The wolf of Wall Street' but it is good enough and worth being nominated.
I did not stop laughing from beginning to end and, believe it or not, they managed to get my attention throughout the entire movie, so something must have been done right!
I love seeing Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence in all these different roles. A good actor has to be versatile and these two have proven that they are much more than people give them credit for.
I do not care much for Amy Adams, while Christian Bale was just unrecognisable! Once a good actor, always a good actor!
I was also surprised and loved Robert De Niro's cameo appearance, although it felt like 'Silver Linings Playbook' all over again.
Finally, I am not much of a fan of Louis C.K.'s stand-up comedy but I loved seeing him here. His scenes probably made me laugh the hardest!
Overall, this is a great film to watch, I recommend it, but do not expect to see the best movie ever made!

No comments: