Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, November 02, 2013

About Time (Richard Curtis)

At the age of 21, Tim Lake discovers he can travel in time... The night after another unsatisfactory New Year party, Tim's father tells his son that the men in their family have always had the ability to travel through time. Tim cannot change history, but he can change what happens and has happened in his own life - so he decides to make his world a better place... by getting a girlfriend.

Starring: Domhnall Gleeson, Rachel McAdams, Bill Nighy, Lydia Wilson, Lindsay Duncan, Richard Cordery, Joshua McGuire, Tom Hollander, Margot Robbie, Will Merrick, Harry Hadden-Paton

My thoughts on this film: I loved 'Love Actually'; I loved 'Notting Hill'; but I hated this movie!
It was a disappointing, tear-jerking mess. The start seemed promising, but that soon changed.
There was not much story except for the time-travel nonsense; and the whole 'you can't go back to before your baby was born or you will have a different baby' was just too much!
The movie did have its better moments, even genuinely comic ones, but they were not worth the remaining 90%.

No comments: