Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Monday, October 14, 2013

I give it a year (Dan Mazer)


In spite of their differences, writer Josh and ambitious Nat seem happy together since meeting at a party.
Josh is a dreamer while Nat is more pragmatic, but their chemistry is unbelievable. A dream wedding come true, although no one - family or friends - believes it will last. Josh's ex-girlfriend and Nat's attractive new client will make sure of that.

Starring: Rose Byrne, Anna Faris, Rafe Spall, Simon Baker, Minnie Driver, Jason Flemyng, Stephen Merchant, Olivia Colman

Why I loved this film: First of all, I have to highlight Stephen Merchant's show-stealing performance with his trademark cringe humour and very politically incorrect lines at the most inappropriate times. He was definitely my favourite character.
However, I did not understand how Australian Simon Baker came to play an American. His character owns a big factory in Britain and he would have been more believable with a British accent.
The supporting cast are solid, particularly Minnie Driver and Jason Flemyng as a married couple who hate each other.
Overall, I Give It a Year is a fun film to watch. There are enough jokes and twists to keep you laughing and interested all the way.

No comments: