Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Diana (Stephen Jeffreys & Kate Snell; Directed by: Oliver Hirschbiegel)


During the last two years of her life, Princess Diana embarked on a secret love affair with Pakistani heart surgeon Hasnat Khan.



Starring: Naomi Watts, Naveen Andrews, Douglas Hodge, Geraldine James, Charles Edwards, Daniel Pirrie, Cas Anvar, Juliet Stevenson, Jonathan Kerrigan, Laurence Belcher, Harry Holland


My thoughts on this film: I was a true fan of Diana and felt devastated when she passed away; however, I really believed a movie would show some insights to her complicated lifestyle and death... Boy, was I wrong!
To begin with, Naomi Watts is a good actress and at times you could see that she was trying to look as similar as possible to Diana, but as they say in Portugal 'any similarity is pure coincidence'! Then again the film was boring and not based on a true story, since you cannot base a 'true story' on dialogues between a dead person and a Doctor who claims in a Mirror interview that 'Only myself and my closest friends knew what really went on in our relationship'.
Finally, no one knows what really went on with Diana and her love affairs except the one person who is no longer among us, so I would say to just Let Her Rest In Peace!

No comments: