Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Girl Most Likely (written by: Michelle Morgan; directed by: Shari Springer Berman & Robert Pulcini)

Imogene is a failed New York playwright awkwardly navigating the transition from Next Big Thing to Last Year's News. After both her career and relationship hit the skids, she is forced to make the humiliating move back home to New Jersey with her eccentric mother and younger brother. Adding further insult to injury, there is a strange man sleeping in her old bedroom and an even stranger man sleeping in her mother's bed.

Starring: Kristen Wiig, Annette Bening, Matt Dillon, Darren Criss, Christopher Fitzgerald, June Diane Raphael, Natasha Lyonne, Bob Balaban, Sydney Lucas

Why I loved this film: It is one of the best comedies out there at the moment!
Unlike many others, 'Girl Most Likely' does not turn to gross-out humour for its laughs, but rather generates them from character, dialogue, timing, and visuals - which are very cleverly thought out.
This is also the first movie I have seen starring Darren Criss and - if I was ever in doubt - I am sure that this guy can do anything: he sings, he acts, he dances, he is funny, and he does all that in one single movie. Watch out Justin Timberlake!
I also loved Kristen Wiig and Annete Bening's dialogues. They were the funniest and most insightful.
A true laugh from beginning to end!

No comments: