Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Rush of Blood (Mark Billingham)

Three couples meet around the pool on their Florida holiday and become fast friends. But on their last night, the teenage daughter of another holidaymaker goes missing, and her body is later found floating in the mangroves.
When the shocked couples return home, they remain in contact, and over the course of three increasingly fraught dinner parties they come to know one another better. But they do not always like what they find.
Then a second girl goes missing...


Quote: "... Whatever God you believe in, we all get tested in different ways."

Why this book speaks to me: This is brilliantly written with great pacing. There is never a dull moment. It does keep you guessing until the very last chapter. I thought I had figured out who did it by the second death but I was totally surprised and shocked by the outcome. However, I liked the way the book ended and it leaves you wandering whether there will be a follow up. Sometimes it reminded me of an Agatha Christie type of novel but more modern. Totally different from what you see on book shelves.

No comments: