Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Private No. 1 Suspect (James Patterson & Maxine Paetro)

Since former US Marine Jack Morgan started Private, it has become the world's most successful detective agency. But when his former lover is found murdered in Jack's bed, Jack is instantly the number one suspect.
With his team stretched to breaking point and Jack fighting for his life, he finds himself strong-armed by the mob into recovering $30 million (approx. €23 million) in stolen pharmaceuticals, and Jack realises he is facing his most powerful enemies ever.


Quote: "I made a bad mistake, a backslide, that I deeply regret. But we were making our way back to each other after a long time apart. We were building on all of it, everything we know about each other. There is nothing we can't work out. You can't turn your back on love,..."

My thoughts on this book: I have read the entire 'Private' series, some are better, some are worse, it is a little hard to say which is the best. I enjoyed the start and ending of this novel; however, although I know this is mostly about a detective agency, I found there were too many murders to solve, which does not leave much time to focus on forensics, etc. I prefer those books that will lead you through a whole crime-solving deal towards finding the killer. This one focuses more on what happened and who did it with little in-between.
Overall, it was ok.

No comments: