Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Quartet (writer: Ronald Harwood; director: Dustin Hoffman)

At a home for retired musicians, the annual concert to celebrate Verdi's birthday is disrupted by the arrival of Jean, an eternal diva and the former wife of one of the residents.


Starring: Maggie Smith, Tom Courtenay, Billy Connolly, Pauline Collins, Michael Gambon, Sheridan Smith, Dame Gwyneth Jones, Trevor Peacock, Ronnie Fox

My thoughts on this film: I was interested to see Dustin Hoffman's début as a director and it was not bad; the cast was remarkable, the story pretty interesting and there were a few funny lines; however, this was supposed to be a comedy!!! I grew up in England with British humour, and apart from a few lines at the beginning, I did not find this funny at all... Interesting... But by no means, funny!!!
The end was interesting, once again, because they showed pictures of the actors/singers at their prime, of the 'now and then' type. But I cannot add anything to the word 'interesting'!

No comments: