Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, May 04, 2013

The Big Wedding (Justin Zackham, Jean-Stéphane Bron, Karine Sudan)

A long-divorced couple fakes being married as their family unites for a wedding.

Starring: Robert De Niro, Katherine Heigl, Diane Keaton, Amanda Seyfried, Topher Grace, Susan Sarandon, Robin Williams, Ben Barnes, Christine Ebersole, David Rasche, Patricia Rae, Ana Ayora, Kyle Bornheimer

Why I loved this film: First of all, what a cast! All the greatest in one movie! What more can we expect?
Robin Williams is the best drunken Catholic priest I have seen so far!
However, this is another romantic comedy, nothing new there... but it is still hilarious! No doubt about it!
I found myself laughing from beginning to end, although, be aware, most jokes are sexually-based. You take in the Catholic ideal that you should not have sex before marriage, but if you do, do not wear a condom; you meet people who have too much sex as well as virgins; and you meet divorced and married couples who cheat on each other.
All these come together within one big laugh assisted by the right amount of drama. A good choice for a fun night at the movies!

No comments: