Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hitchcock (John J. McLaughlin & Stephen Rebello)

Directed by Sacha Gervasi, this tells the story of Alfred Hitchcock and his wife, Alma, who are at the top of their creative game as film-makers amid disquieting insinuations about it being time to retire. To recapture his youth's artistic daring, Alfred decides his next film will adapt the lurid horror novel, Psycho, over everyone's misgivings. Unfortunately, as Alfred self-finances this film, Alma finally loses patience with his roving eye and controlling habits with the leading actresses. When an ambitious friend lures her to collaborate on a work of their own, the resulting marital tension haunts Hitchcock's dreams.

Starring: Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, Scarlett Johansson, Danny Huston, Toni Collette, Jessica Biel, James D'Arcy, Kurtwood Smith, Ralph Macchio

Why I loved this film: Not being a Hitchcock fan because I did not know much about the film-maker to consider myself a fan, I have come to respect the 'man' and the 'genius'. I do not know how accurate this is, yet 'unrecognisable' Anthony Hopkins does a remarkable job. I love it when an actor makes you forget they are acting, and that is exactly what Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren do. There could be no better choices for these characters!
The movie itself is also really good with some pretty creepy aspects, but then this is the story of how 'Psycho' was made. Although it is not exactly a biography of Hitchcock, this is a movie not to be missed!

No comments: