Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook (David O. Russell, Matthew Quick)


After a stint in a mental institution, former teacher Pat moves back in with his parents and tries to reconcile with ex-wife Nikki. Things become more challenging when Pat meets Tiffany, a mysterious girl with problems of her own.



Starring: Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert DeNiro, Jacki Weaver, Chris Tucker, Anupam Kher, Julia Stiles, Dash Mihok, Brea Bee


Why I loved this film: I did not know whether to go and see this movie or not because I really believed it was just going to be another lovey-dovey film. However, I was very impressed!
Bradley Cooper was different from what I am used to, yet he maintained his old funny self (the guy is not just cute but he can really act); Jennifer Lawrence was this hilarious yet intense character (you had to love her, and the Golden Globe was well deserved); Robert DeNiro was himself, which is another word for 'brilliant actor' nowadays; and Chris Tucker had to be the funniest of all, every time he came on the whole audience was in tears from laughing so much.
Overall, I loved the story, it was truly funny but really made you think, while dealing with real life issues such as 'being bipolar', which I do not remember seeing in a movie.
The only thing I did not care much for was the happy ending. Unfortunately, real life is not made of such happy endings!

No comments: