Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Killing Them Softly (Andrew Dominik & George V. Higgins)


Jackie Cogan is an enforcer hired to restore order after three dumb guys rob a Mob protected card game, causing the local criminal economy to collapse.

Starring: Brad Pitt, Scoot McNairy, Ben Mendelsohn, James Gandolfini, Richard Jenkins, Vincent Curatola, Ray Liotta, Trevor Long, Max Casella, Sam Shepard

My thoughts on this film: Unlike most reviews I did not think this was a great piece of art. Nothing to add in terms of actors, the cast was great; however, I believed it to be a low budget movie in every sense.
To begin with, there was nothing heart thumping or any surprise elements; on the contrary, I was laughing the whole time. There were quite a few witty one-liners related to the political reality of America, which I enjoyed, and at times it seemed to go in an interesting direction, but then the tables would turn and leave me disappointed.
The ending was just gross - nothing more, nothing less.

No comments: