Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The boy in the striped pyjamas (John Boyne & Mark Herman)


Young Bruno lives a wealthy lifestyle in Germany along with his mother, elder sister, and SS Commandant father. The family relocates to the countryside where his father is assigned to take command of a prison camp. A few days later, Bruno befriends another youth named Shmuel who lives behind an electrified fence. Bruno will soon find out that Germans and Jews may not get along.

Starring: Asa Butterfield, Vera Farmiga, Cara Horgan, Amber Beattie, David Thewlis, Jack Scanlon, Rupert Friend

My thoughts on this film: After having read the novel a long time ago, I was finally able to watch the movie and I must say, as heart-warming as it seemed down to the very end, the book was much more powerful because you felt like you were reading the diary of a little boy, while the film made me distance myself a little and look at the story from a different perspective.
However, the message remained strong and the ending left me teary-eyed!

No comments: