Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Sunday, November 11, 2012

MTV EMA 2012

Hosted by Heidi Klum

The beginning was a little annoying with the whole circus scene. When you are watching the host speaking it becomes really irritating when someone behind them does not stay still. It was hard to pay attention.
Rita Ora was the first musical guest. Not much to say there; not my cup of tea.
Fun. followed; I used to love that song until it became annoying after being too many times on the radio, but as their name says, they are always fun to watch.
MTV never seizes to amaze me, especially when they experience problems during 'Call me maybe' by Carly Rae Jepsen. Well that is a Live Show for you, with all its ups and downs!

Best Female: Taylor Swift

Best Song: Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen)

No Doubt had their return - One of my fave bands - but I must say it was weird to see Gwen Stefani looking so grown-up. Still sounding great, though!

Best Male: Justin Bieber

Best Hip-Hop: Nicki Minaj

Best Electronic: David Guetta

The Killers followed. In my personal opinion, all their songs sound the same...

Best Live: Taylor Swift

Psy was the highlight of the show with his 'Gangnam Style'. He had the entire audience dancing!

Best Look: Taylor Swift

The show gets back on track with Muse.

Best New: One Direction

Global Icon: Whitney Houston

The party went on with Pitbull.

Best Pop: Justin Bieber

Best Rock: Linkin Park

Worldwide Act: Hangeng

Best Video: Gangnam Style (Psy)

And the show comes to an end with Taylor Swift. I was not very impressed with these EMA. Nothing major to add.

No comments: