Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

ZOO (James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge)


All over the world, brutal attacks are immobilising entire cities. Jackson Oz, a young biologist, watches the escalating events with an increasing sense of dread. When he witnesses a coordinated lion ambush in Africa, the enormity of the impending violence becomes terrifyingly clear.
With the help of ecologist Chloe Tousignant, Oz races to warn world leaders before it is too late. The attacks are growing in ferocity, cunning, and planning - soon there will be no place left for humans to hide.


Quote: "Back in Africa, when night fell, I had resigned myself to my death. I started praying to my grandfather, saying that if I had to die, that maybe he could help somehow. That it would be quick. The next day, I was about to give up hope. Then I looked up, and you were there."

Why this book speaks to me: James Patterson is one of my all-time favourite thriller writers, and here he has done it again.
I loved the fact that this is so different from everything else he has written, it is mostly about the changes in the environment caused by all the energy we use - including cell phones, etc -, he even goes as far as making every animal in the world crazy and hungry for humans due to the signals they are receiving from our echo-system.
Overall, I found this very up to date, interesting, and kept me reading all the way. The only drawback, in my opinion - and I do not mean to ruin the ending for anyone - is that there is no proper end to this since humans are too selfish to give up such lifestyles.

No comments: