Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Looper (Rian Johnson)


In the year 2044, a man working for a group of killers called 'Loopers' - who work for the mob and kill people sent back in time - recognises a victim as his older self. A life and death chase begins...


Starring: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, Noah Segan, Piper Perabo, Jeff Daniels, Pierce Gagnon, Qing Xu, Frank Brennan

My thoughts on this film: What can I say?
The first half was completely boring, probably because I could not understand what was going on...
The second part became more interesting in terms of figuring out who was going to die and whether they were going to get the guy in the end.
The ending was very surprising yet weird.
On the other hand, the characters were well put together, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was completely unrecognisable since he was made up to look more like a younger version of Bruce Willis.
The acting was good and the story had everything to be a success - with the whole time machine idea -, there is so much you can do with it; unfortunately I feel like the writer went the other way and I was left wondering what the whole point was.

No comments: