Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments regarding music, books, films, TV, theatre or culture related news...

My ratings:
❤️ = Loved it
😐 = It's okay
😝 = Hated it

Saturday, September 29, 2012

To Rome with Love (Woody Allen)

Set in the romantic city of Rome. This tells the intertwining stories of a worker who wakes up to find himself a celebrity, an architect who takes a trip back to the street he lived on as a student, a young couple on their honeymoon, and a frustrated opera director who has a 'talent' for discovering singers.

Starring: Judy Davis, Flavio Parenti, Roberto Benigni, Alison Pill, Alessandro Tiberi, Alessandra Mastronardi, Alec Baldwin, Woody Allen, Jesse Eisenberg, Greta Gerwig, Penélope Cruz, Ellen Page

Why I loved this film: Unlike many comments I have read, the silliness and ridiculous scenes behind this movie blended with the beautiful scenario that is Rome makes it one of Woody Allen's best works ever!
I was not a Woody Allen fan before but he has started winning me over slowly with 'Midnight in Paris' and now 'To Rome with Love'. Besides, it took a lot of guts to make a mix between American and Italian movies, and the result was fabulous!
A mixture of hilarious, witty stories that blend reality with the surreal, which kept me laughing all the way along with everyone else in the room. A great comedy!

No comments: